Award winning interactive creative agency PCD Group has an opening for a full-time Software Engineer and Front End Developer to join our team. We specialize in the strategic, creative and technical delivery of digital customer experiences including websites, mobile, tablet and web applications. We help the world’s largest banks and financial service organizations with online marketing, customer acquisition, account opening, onboarding and customer retention programs. PCD Group delivers websites, microsites, mobile sites and social media initiatives, as well as custom web applications such as CRM, CMS and other web-based business applications.
We need a software engineer to assist in the development and support of full lifecycle web applications. The successful applicant will be responsible for a variety of projects ranging from private intranet web applications to large scale, public facing Internet sites; including front-end web development and back-end CGI programming.
The Software Engineer position is accountable for developing websites, web applications, and digital campaigns.
Keys to Success - the essential priorities of this exempt, salaried position are to:
- Collaborate with AD, CD, TD and PD to help envision scope, approach and estimated hours
- Develop using technical best practices ranging from front end web development to back end database design and programming
- Deliver within planning boundaries of the project: Time, Budget, Schedule, Business and Technical Requirements
- Ensure software is designed with optimal performance, and coded and debugged in front end browser and multi-tier software languages
- Stay current with new technology trends and provide thought leadership to team and clients
Additional responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Build engaging experiences, compelling interactive networks and content-driven digital solutions for agency clients
- Requires both a mastery of the hands-on aspects of Web interface engineering, as well as an ability to design solid front-end architectures that integrate with other systems and technologies
- Design multi-tiered web and intranet applications so that code systems, sub-systems, modules and data assets, and data structures are supported by a technical architecture that meets project objectives, strategic goals, and enterprise data standards
- Responsible for database performance, data integration, and data interfaces for enterprise level web/intranet-based applications
- Implement database and middle-tier software solutions and manage processes with a team of developers. Includes end-to-end multi-tier web/intranet application development, prototyping and coordination with a team of developers to effectively meet the deliverables and schedule of a data solution component within a larger application project
- Responsible for HTML programming for internal and client web-based applications
Requirements + Special Skills:
This position requires a combination of skills, experience and education including, but not limited to:
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or comparable work experience and certifications.
5-10 years working in agency, fast paced environment, small teams, versatile. Ability to estimate time accurately. Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities and multiple simultaneous projects.
Types of Clients
- Financial Services
- Fortune 500
Types of Projects
- Website Development
- Custom Application Development
- Mobile Development
- Cross Platform
- Custom CRM
- Custom CMS
- Digital Campaigns
- Social Campaigns
- Database Driven Web Applications
Prof & Technical Skills
- Strong listening, written and Verbal Communication
- Collaborative/Team Player
- Disciplined and Structured Approach to Solving Problems
- MVC Frameworks
- Perl and Object Oriented Frameworks
Nice to Have:
- JSP, PHP, Ruby on Rails
Reports To: Production Director/Technical Director
Collaborates With: Account Services Team, Technical Director and Production Director, Designers and Other Engineers
This position description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position. Additional duties or responsibilities may be assigned from time to time.
PCD Group offers a competitive salary and a strong emphasis on professional development. We provide an excellent benefit package (including medical, dental, vision, alternative care, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan with employer contribution, sick leave and paid time off). If you meet the above requirements, we look forward to hearing from you.